Makes 6 to 8 servings: Prep Time 10 minutes:Cook time 1 hour & 36 minutes and so delicious.
1) 4 skinned and boned chicken breast halves
2) 5 cups water
3) 1 large onion chopped and divided
4) 2 tablespoons butter or msrgarine
5) 2 celery ribs chopped about 1/2 cup
6) 3 16 ounce cans of Great Northern Beans,drained.rinsed and divided
7) 3(4.5 ounce) cans chopped green chilies
8) 3 cup canned chicken broth
9) 1 teaspoon ground cumin
10) 1 bay leaf
11) 1 teaspoon salt
12)1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
13) 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
Place chicken ,5 cups water and half of onion in a large Dutch oven over medium high heat and cook 15 to 18 minutes or until chicken is tender.Remove chicken,reserving broth in dutch oven.Cut chicken into bite size pieces and set aside.Melt butter in skillet,add celery and remaining onion and saute until tender.Stir chicken ,celery mixture,2 cans beans and cook 1 hour ,stirring frequently,until thickened. Process remaining 1 can beans in a blender until smooth stopping to scrape down sides.Stir bean puree into chili.Remove and discard bay leaf:stir i just before stir in cilantro just before serving.
Toppings:tortilla chips,ahredded colby-jack cheese,salsa ,sour cream.