If you ascribe to the adage of “less is more” than you are a minority in our nation. According to Prevention magazine the biggest culprit is our snack food. The University of North Carolina in 2010 conducted a study that showed most of us consume 600 calories a day-roughly a third of that food is in snacks and not real dinner.
Here are seven snacks under 100 calories:
1) 2(6″) corn tortillas plus 2 tablespoons of salsa.
2) 1 cup pistachios( I love those nuts.)
4) 1/2 cup Cheerios plus 1/2 cup fat-free milk
5) 4 ounces honey Greek-style yogurt
6) A handful (1/2 cup) dry-roasted pumpkin seeds
7) 5 fresh apricots