Not any more! The Roy Rogers Museum in Branson,Mo.has closed and the contents of the museum were sold at public auction.The museum was no longer making a profit and according to Roy Rogers son he was following his fathers’ wishes.Here is a partial list of what was sold.
1) A colection of autographed baseballs ( Pete Rose,Duke Snyder and other greats) sold for $ 3,750.
2) Trigger’s saddle and bridle sold for $386,500.
3) One set of boot spurs sold for $10,625.( He never used a set of spurs on Trigger).
4) Nellybelle his Jeep sold for $116,500.
5) Dale’s horse Buttermilk sold for $25,00 (Est. 30 – 40 K).
6) Trigger sold for $266,500.
Trigger was bought by Roy from Bing Crosby on a time payment plan for $2.500.Trigger and Roy made a 188 movies together.Trigger even beat out Bob Hope by winning an Oscar in the movie Son od Paleface in 1953.
So now it is a mournful goodbye we say to Roy and Dale,Gene and Hoppy.The Lone Ranger and Tonto.Farewell to Sky King and Superman and Sgt.Friday. A grateful thanks to Captain Kangaroo.All of those people whose lives touched ours,and made them better.
Happy Trails Everyone!