Our cats and dogs are a part of our family,but that doesn’t mean they can eat the same foods that we do. The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals has provided a list of the foods not to feed your pet.
- Alcohol Beer, wine and spirits act as a depressant on animals’ nervous systems,potentially leading to breathing problems and even coma.
- Animal Bones Beef or chicken bones can damage your pet’s teeth or splinter and cause damage in her digestive tract.Stick with treat bones made specifically for dogs or cats.
- Chocolate or anything with caffeine Foods like coffee and cocoa contain methylxanthines,which in high concentrations can cause heart palpitations,tremors,seizures,dehydration,and death.
- Gum,baked goods,and candy Many sweetened treats contain xylitol,which can cause liver failure.
- Milk Adult animals don’t have the lactase to digest milk,and feeding it to them can cause diarrhea.
Published in Healthy Living Made Simple