The only option for your medical problem is surgery well before you consent here are a few pertinent questions to ask.
1. Why do I need this procedure now?
2. Who is going to be doing it, and how many times has he or she done it before?
3. What are the most common complications,and how do you deal with them?
4. What will the recovery be like?
5. Who is going to take care of me after surgery? You want to hear that it will be he or she that performed your surgery and not a resident or physician’s assistant.