- In 2006, American Indians/ Alaska Native mothers had the second largest infant death rate compared with other mothers.
- in 2007, AI/AN populations had the largest death rate due to motor vehicle injuries, a suicide rate among one of the largest, and the second largest death rate due to drugs ( includes illicit, prescription, and over-the-counter ), compared with other racial/ ethnic populations.
- In 2009, AI/AN adults were among those with the largest prevalence of binge drinking, one of the largest number of binge drinking episodes per individual, and the largest number of drinks consumed during binge drinking
- In 2009, AI/AN adults aged 18 years and older who did not complete high school showed the second largest prevalence – second to Hispanics and similar to African Americans.
- In 2009, the percentage of AI/AN adults living in poverty was among the second largest compared with other racial/ ethnic populations.
- In 2009, AI/AN adults who owned or rented housing more often lived in inadequate and unhealthy housing.
Source :Centers for Disease Control and Prevention