if you are here are some tips to survive a disaster at sea.
1. Know the emergency signal. It’s seven short blasts followed by a long one.
2. Activate your life jacket lights. These are designed to come on once they hit the water, but if you find yourself in the dark while still on the ship, use saliva to activate them.
3. Don’t assume others will follow protocol. Be assertive if you’re traveling with kids.
4. Keep to high ground. If you can’t get on a lifeboat, make your way to the upper most point of the ship.
5. Jump into the water
5. Jump into the water only as a last resort. Hypothermia, choppy seas, and fish can pose serious risks.
Courtesy of Reader’s Digest